**Girl on the Blog**

Sunday, August 28, 2005

New Girl on the Blog!


For the past month or so I have found interest in the "blogging" world. There are some really great blog writers. Gosh... people with all that talent... maybe our society is not intellectually crippled. I have found interest in a lot of blogs... the military bloggers, military wife bloggers, the parenting bloggers, the PCOS bloggers, and so many more. Being the New Girl on the Blog... I will try not to be a bore and hope to bring something new, something old, something fun to the "blogging" world.

As I have gotten older "28-years-old" I am finding myself becoming more anal. The things that use to not bother me... get under my skin now. Does this come with age? Am I really turning into my high school librarian... now she was anal.

For example...

* When we age, why do we women think we have to start dressing like we are 16 years old again? There are some really great looking older women out there... but the mid-drift shirts and the daisy dukes... or better yet... going bra-less...doesn't leave much to the imagination... WOW... Those of you women that do this... leave this to the younger girls. You can still look attractive without looking... well... "Yes I am 40 but I want to be 16" look.

* The English language has taken an incredible beating the last few years with the advent of "liketalk". What I thought was a passing fad - the typical American teenagers faddish interjection of the word "like" into every single sentence -- has become so rampant it is a disease. Even thirty and 40 year olds and business executives talk this way! "Like" is used not only as "um" is used, a chronic and useless interrupter - it actually takes the place of adjectives, nouns, imagination, intelligence, etc. etc. etc. For example, you no longer have to say,"Sally was mad at me." You just say,"She was like "oh my gosh I am so mad at you!" No need for such tedious sentences as "Harry said, I'll take care of it." Now it's "Harry was LIKE I'll take care of it" So you see there's no past tense any more, there's just the pea-brained characterization of any event, any shade of meaning, past, present or future, relevant or irrelevant, as "LIKE". Now when you combine that with the word "ALL" and ever-rising popularity of the word "sh_t", you have something approaching the deterioration of our daily discourse to the most atrocious and stupid sounding toilet talk...For example: "Sally told me, yesterday, how much she loves Justin Timberlake's voice and his moves. She said she could listen and watch him all day. Now we can say, "Justin Timberlake?" Sally was all like, 'he's the sh_t!" I confess... I catch myself talking this way from time to time... it is such a shame. WHAT HAS HAPPENED???

* Greeting cards that throw sparkles, sequins or confetti on the hapless recipient. This has happened to me on more than one occasion. Now when opening cards I get in the mail... I open them over the trash can.

* The expression that "Nobody can hurt you unless you let them." Really gets under my skin... I guess because I know it is true.

* Being put on the speakerphone without warning. This has happened to be a number of times.

* Adults who still blame their parents for their problems... get therapy if it is that bad!

I could go on and on... but... "like" I got to go it's time for "Weeds".....Goodnight...

Until we meet again...

Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 3:45 AM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------