**Girl on the Blog**

Sunday, September 25, 2005

5 Soldiers...

I slept on the sofa last night... still haven't gotten a new mattress... like I said before "hubby can sleep on a slab of rocks"... I think he is just fine without me in the bed... he likes the bed to himself...the last couple of nights I have slept with him... I have been elbowed in the head... uggg!!!!

My life has been so crazy this past week... a lot of personal things... this morning I had to stop and realize that my problems and sorrows are nothing compared to the family and friends of those soldiers lost in the Chinook crash that happened this morning.

I woke up this morning and heard the newscaster announce another Helicopter down in Afghanistan. And there before my eyes I saw a Chinook... I got a tremendous pit in my stomach... I have to wonder do I know any of the 5 lives lost... Being stationed at Ft. Campbell with my ex gave me the chance to get to know a lot of the Chinook guys. I was friends with wives and the soldiers. Even though some I do not keep in touch with... each one touched my life... I think about Darren, Jason, Mac, Jim, Charlton (who I left on bad terms with) and so many others... I have to wonder how they are and pray that they are all safe...

My prayers and thoughts are with the family and friends of the soldiers lost.

Until we meet again...

Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 5:01 AM :: 0 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------