**Girl on the Blog**

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Home Alone...

I am sitting home alone today while my hubby is at work and my son is with his grandmother. I am so disgustly in need of a shower. I have been cleaning the house like a mad woman. My son will be turning one in 2 weeks and I am trying to get the house in perfect shape for all the party guest. We have only invited close famiy and friends. Yet, the number is to be 20 to 25 people that will be coming. "My son is going to be 1"... this is what keeps echoing in my head. How time has flown. It seems like yesterday that I was telling everyone "I'm pregnant". Will there be another baby soon? Not for awhile... I am going to let my son enjoy being an only child for at least another year. I truly believe that being a parent is the hardest job of all... but the most rewarding. I have enjoyed every moment with my son. He is the reason I get up in the mornings. He has completed my life in so many ways.

I have also been watching TV while cleaning... Hurricane Katrina... I am still having a hard time "swallowing all of this"...

If you wish to donate cash and/or volunteer here are some great places to do so...

United Methodist Committee on Relief
(This is the one I really recommend)

Convoy of Hope

Salvation Army

Operation Blessing

America’s Second Harvest

American Red Cross

There is a family that is moving from LA to my community. A local person has donated some land and a trailor to this family. We are going to try to furnish everything for them. I just wish we could do more for more people. If I was a rich woman... I would be donating land and homes for all those who lost their homes.

Until we meet again...

Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 3:15 PM :: 2 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------