**Girl on the Blog**

Thursday, October 20, 2005

...another hotdog

My ex-husband was/is in the US Air Force... Every now and then I go on a particular website to see "The Lost and Fallen" that were in his line of service... This morning I did just that and have been in tears sense...

I was aware of a friend "SSGT Jason Faley" that past in March 2001 while performing night CAS training in Kuwait. I will never forget when I found out... I was sitting at my computer, putting items on eBay... the news was on... and Faley's (that is what I always called him) face appeared on the screen... "Holy crap... there's Faley" I thought to myself with a smile... I was expecting them to tell what great things he was doing (stupid me)... Then Demetria Calidimos (the reporter) went on to tell the heart wrenching news... Read more here... My ex called me 2 weeks later... telling me of the news and to tell me he was getting married... I remember Faley being such a kind soul... goofy... and loved hotdogs... I would have hotdogs ready for him when he came to the house... I can't eat a hotdog without thinking of him... I hope that his son will be told of what a great father he had... what a hero he was... what a great man...

I wasn't aware of "Chief Warrant Officer Dennis P. Hay"... that is my shock for today... I can't say to much right now... I just wish I had known earlier... Read more here...

To these guys... I took advantage of knowing them... I guess I pushed aside the reality of their job... To them I owe so much... I just wish I could make them another "hotdog"...

Until we meet again...

Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 6:05 AM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------