**Girl on the Blog**

Sunday, October 30, 2005

...indulged more on his death

Sgt Hook has posted a blog that really has me thinking...

In this entry, the one you are reading right now, I am not by any means "supporting" the reasoning behind why we went to war. I do still believe that there was not enough "truth" to even get involved with the Iraqi situation... (ie WMD's) BUT... after reading the following Sgt Hook entry... I can understand Hook's complaint on why some people say they support the troops but not the war. My Track Back ...imbecilic war mongers

This is Hook's complete entry titled "The Rest of the Story" .

In brief... the entry is about Marine Corporal Jeffrey B. Starr who was killed this past May on his 3rd tour of duty in Iraq. The 'Times' did a story about him this past week and indulged more on his death than on his personal cause of fighting for the Iraqis...

He had written a letter to his girlfriend and left it for her in case he died in the fight... The 'Times' only posted a little portion of the letter....

Sifting through Corporal Starr's laptop computer after his death, his father found a letter to be delivered to the marine's girlfriend. "I kind of predicted this," Corporal Starr wrote of his own death. "A third time just seemed like I'm pushing my chances."


The complete part of this paragraph Starr actually wrote...

"Obviously if you are reading this then I have died in Iraq. I kind of predicted this, that is why I'm writing this in November. A third time just seemed like I'm pushing my chances. I don't regret going, everybody dies but few get to do it for something as important as freedom. It may seem confusing why we are in Iraq, it's not to me. I'm here helping these people, so that they can live the way we live. Not have to worry about tyrants or vicious dictators. To do what they want with their lives. To me that is why I died. Others have died for my freedom, now this is my mark."


I do believe that "we", through out the world, deserve to know a little more than just the bad... we need to be reminded of the good that is actually going on in this War. Yes, our soldiers are being killed... but they signed that dotted line to protect and serve all Americans and others no matter what. When they are "Called" to fight... They will always be there. This is what are men and women are fighting for... a better future for the Iraqi people... a better future for us... a better future for our children... a better future for Peace.

Again, I stress that I am not in support of this war because of the lack of truth behind it... BUT... we are in this War no matter if we like it or not. I am glad that some good is coming out of this situation... thanks to our soldiers.

Thanks Sgt Hook for bringing this to our attention.

Until we meet again....

Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 12:15 PM :: 4 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------