**Girl on the Blog**

Sunday, November 20, 2005

"I Walk the Line"

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
I keep the ends out for the tie that binds
Because you're mine, I walk the line
____________________________________________
"Hello, I'm Johnny Cash"... now I understand why women melted in his presence and why men wanted to be him.

Last night I was blessed to see the reincarnation of Johnny Cash. Joaquin Phoenix was Cash. He walked, talked, acted and his musical voice... oh my goodness... his musical voice was Johnny. There were times I didn't see Phoenix... I saw Cash. Reese Witherspoon did a wonderful job portraying June Carter... although, I do believe Witherspoon was a lot cuter than Carter was... I always thought Carter was a little "homely". Witherspoon almost reminded me of a cute and free spirited "Minnie Pearl"... but Carter so often reminded me of Pearl as well. I loved Johnny Cash... the man and the entertainer. Phoenix said it best in an interview regarding Cash... "Johnny Cash met with kings and royalty, but also with prisoners. He found the nobility of the human race in both." This movie shows Cash's lows and highs... It is Cash's landmark 1968 performance at Folsom Prison that bookends the film. This movie is first and foremost a love story. It follows the roller coaster love affair between Cash and the woman who would eventually become his wife of 35 years, June Carter. All-in-all this movie is a must see if you are a Cash fan... even if you are not... I do believe you will walk a way a fan. The fact is... Cash was the voice of rebellion that altered the face of music. He was a rebel and an icon that many others and I will never forget.... "Hello, I'm Johnny Cash" will echo forever in my musical soul...

Harry Potter was great as well... probably the best one yet. A lot like the book... some parts were left out and some were a little embellished... but all-in-all a great and entertaining movie!
____________________________________________

Go and vote for your favorite Bloggers...

My personal favorites...

Military Blogger... Sgt Hook ... agree or disagree with the man... he is a wonderful writer.

Political Blogger... Political Notio ... oh wait... he is no longer with us... BOOOOOO! So I will have to go with Graham at The Cognoscenti... Great...Great writer.

Young Wisdom, Humor and Sass goes to... Alice: In Wonderland or Not

I could go on but I don't want to give each of you BIG HEADS... Although the ones I mentioned above... their heads are probably about to explode... :) LOL!!!

I hope you all know you are all winners in my book!!!!

____________________________________________

Although I HATE TO DO THIS... I have to give a little...just a little credit to Bush for trying to lower a little of the "hellish" heat that has been stirred.

Bush came to the defense of Murtha, the hawkish congressman who has been denounced by Republicans for advocating withdrawal. Bush's own spokesman had compared the combat-decorated Vietnam veteran to war critic-movie producer Michael Moore and suggested Murtha was counseling surrender to terrorists.
On Sunday, Bush called Murtha a "fine man and a good man."
"I know the decision to call for the immediate withdrawal of our troops by Congressman Murtha was done in a careful and thoughtful way," the president said. "I disagree with his position." Murtha told NBC's "Meet the Press" on Sunday he hoped the administration would take his proposal seriously and the president would "get a few of us to the White House and talk to us about this very difficult problem which the whole nation wants to solve with a bipartisan manner."

Although I am not sure how sincere he really is...

"People should feel comfortable about expressing their opinions about Iraq," Bush said, three days after agreeing with Vice President Dick Cheney that the critics were"reprehensible".

Read full story here.

Thanks to Lizzy for the Blog-Roll over at Night Bird's Fountain!

Well... I must get off to my studies... fun, fun, fun!!!

Until we meet again....


Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 1:00 PM :: 11 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------