**Girl on the Blog**

Thursday, November 10, 2005

...its great being a smart woman with a DAMN fine ride


Two weeks ago I bought a NEW 2006 Suzuki XL-7 Grand Vitara... It is a very sharp ride and ohhhh so roomy.


I have been in heaven riding in this "metal cloud" of a vehicle... Needless to say, I am still working out all of the "newness" of this gorgeous ride. What I am trying to say is... this sexy SUV gets a way from me... before I know it I am doing 65 in a 45 or 45 in a 15...


Today, while on my way to work, I was driving down the same highway stretch I do everyday. At a certain intersection the speed drops from 65 to 35 with no notice. To my surprise, two cops jump out and motion for me to pull over. YES... these idiots were on the side of the road pulling people over by just making a stop motion with their hands and then motioning to pull over. An officer, who looked a little like Barney Phife, asked me did I know how fast I was going. I helplessly stated, "Why no officer I don't know... I honestly don't know". Which I think I was doing around 55 but he cut me some slack and said I was going 45. His 'partner' comes over (goof ball looking jerky) and asked, "Do you know why we post speed limit signs?" I looked at him with what I know had to be a "GO TO HELL" look... I handed him my driver's license, registration, and Insurance Cards. He then proceeds to ask me about my " babelicious" ride... I proceeded to "bat" my eyes and give him the same spill the dealer gave me about this "man magnet" of transportation. I am a great sales person... I can sell a bag of poo to you and you would think you were getting gold. So... we talked awhile and shared a smile and a laugh. Letting my old school "flirting" and my sales experience do all the talking... they let me off with a warning. They took the bate so I lured them into my web.


TIP: A guy will not pass up an 'okay' looking female and a HOT/SEXY/MANLY MAN of a ride... I knew I had them so I went with it...


I ran into a guy friend at the store tonight. He proceeded to tell me that he got a ticket today at the same police stop. I laughed and told him what happened to me. He was a little perturbed. He said, "It must be nice being a woman"... I replied, "Well, sometimes... but better yet... its great being a smart woman with a DAMN fine ride"....


Moral of the Story: If you know you got something going for you... take advantage of it... hence the 'stellar' motor vehicle....




Until we meet again....

Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 12:19 AM :: 11 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------