**Girl on the Blog**

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

...more to this world than politics

The past few months I have been receiving emails from people I never knew read my blog. They never comment in my comment box... instead they email me... which is always welcome. I received the following email a few weeks back and have received a few emails like this one. So... I thought I would answer this question.

"Why are you not writing more about the affairs of our government? You really should. I have read your comments at Political Notio's and your comments are really well written and right on the money. I keep coming back hoping you have written something other than about your son. There is nothing wrong with this, I just would like to read your views a little more."

I believe there is more to this world than politics. I throw in my two-cents once in a while. I am no expert and do not claim to be one. I have my opinions... and they are my opinions. When I started this blog I never intended for it to become a "POLITICAL BLOG". I will continue to write about any thoughts I have for the day... be if my thoughts are about my son, my car, my dog, or my nation. Thanks for reading and thanks for the encouragement to write outside of my box.
Thanks to everyone who read with comment, those who read without comment and those who read and post their comments via email to me.

_______________________________________

Today I could have jumped out of my ride and bitched slapped the woman ahead of me. She was swerving all over the road. As I made my way up closer to her vehicle I noticed that the stupid winch was putting on her make-up. If you leave home without your face... no one else wants you to risk their life while you "put it on". STUPID!!!
___________________________________

Talk About Not Having an Exit Strategy... Sorry, I couldn't resist!!!!

___________________________________

I have been blessed to have had men in my life that could cook. My husband is an EXCELLENT cook. Everything he makes is superb. My high school sweet heart is now a "Big Time" chef in Atlanta... he is also a gay, witch (but that's another story). I dated a soldier that could cook up anything mouth watering delicious. My best friend "Ben" can grill a mean "steak".

Gee whiz, I'm getting hungry!

___________________________________

I never knew George Clooney was a Kentucky boy!

___________________________________

Cheney Slams War Critics, Praises Murtha

You know "Dick" is the perfect name for this man...

Murtha has the Bush administration in fear... I do believe... In fear that America may be listening and agreeing with this war vet.

"He's a good man, a Marine, a patriot — and he's taking a clear stand in an entirely legitimate discussion," Cheney told the American Enterprise Institute, a conservative think tank. Cheney, who represented Wyoming in the House of Representatives in the 1980s, called Murtha "my friend and former colleague."

Bush and other administration officials toned down their criticism, fearful of a backlash in support of Murtha. Bush on Sunday called Murtha "a fine man" and longtime supporter of the military.

___________________________________

PLEASE...SAY IT ISN'T SO...

Cowell's Uncertain "Idol" Future

I am in LOVE with Simon Cowell and yes... I am in the closet American Idol fan... If Simon leaves the show... it will not be the same...

Now I shall go to bed in tears....

Until we meet again....


Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 12:01 AM :: 14 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------