**Girl on the Blog**

Monday, December 12, 2005

How Well Do You Know...

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. We had a blast at our Christmas Party. My visit with Eugene was a very good one. I didn't get to go shopping on Sunday. My son had a tummy bug. I am not one on cleaning up vomit... but I will do anything for my son. So... all-in-all my weekend was great... except the vomit part!
_____________

It's Monday and that means another Contest. This one is a little different (Nope, no music contest here today). You can't google the answer... (cheaters...lol)! You have to know your fellow blogger. Check out my navigation bar under "Those Who Rock". Your answer is there.
Who ever wins gets their blog posted under my "Weekly Blog Winner".

Who is this fellow blogger? Give Blogger name and blogger URL. Must have both correct to win!

*GOTB asked: Why blog?
Blogger Guest answered: Good Question I ask myself that all the time when I'm biting my fingers because I haven't posted in couple of days or gotten to read any of my usual blogs due to other pressing concerns. It's better than smoking I guess. I don't really know why I do it. I never meant to have a blog that people actually read...aside from the old dead journal and blurty things I started in high school that is. I started the blog as a place to write personal stuff and slowly over time it changed I started reading others blogs, I am a bit of a voyeur in that way, and then ...well like I said it's better than smoking.

*GOTB asked: Who is your favorite blogger (besides me...lol)?
Blogger Guest answered: That is a hard one. The blogs I read are all so different I can't really pick a favorite. The only one I go to every day without fail is Waking Ambrose. I go to Wombat daily as well but he doesn't post that often. Put it this way I try to click on everyone in my sidebar daily or read them through my yahoo but if I could only check one before leaving it would be Waking Ambrose... that way I can mull the word around in my head all day. lol

*GOTB asked: What is your life like outside of the blogging world?
Blogger Guest answered: I'm a junior in college taking six credits, two majors at two different schools within one school so ..basically that is my whole life. I go to a concerts and plays and participate in a couple of school clubs..mostly human rights related. I walk around the city a lot.

I don't go clubbing. I eat a lot of sushi, have three really good friends at school and two other really good friends in the city. I have a decent family whom thankfully do not bother me all that much, which sounds funny but I prefer to be left alone by them at this point in my life. I hang out most often with "the violin man" who is actually a film and political science major and owns a kick ass apartment; he was my first friend at this school and my saving grace freshman year of college when my roommate used our room as a freshman bordello.

I try to run at least three miles four times a week which is hard to do here in the winter unless it is on a treadmill. I snowboard, read a lot, do not talk all that much unless I know someone fairly well. I study all the time.

I take a lot of pictures all of which are currently in a private web forum maybe soon to be public haven't decided yet. I live in a dorm but am rarely there, am looking for an apartment although this school I attend may not let me out of my housing contract. I am pretty anal and like things done a certain way, prefer to get good grades and like to be right most of the time. I snowboard, spend a lot of time in bookstores, am not much of a shopper but love shoes and prefer nice
things. I just don't need a lot of anything.

I drink gin and tonic..when I drink...which is pretty rare although I do spend time in bars with friends.

I can be fun though.

*GOTB asked: If you asked an "8 ball", what your future holds, what would it say?
Blogger Guest answered: Future noble prize winner of course for what I don't know but I'm almost certain of it.

*GOTB asked: Quote a favorite lyric.
Blogger Guest answered:
Go lightly from the ledge, babe,
Go lightly on the ground.
I'm not the one you want, babe,
I will only let you down.
You say you're lookin' for someone
Who will promise never to part,
Someone to close his her eyes for you,
Someone to close hisher heart,
Someone who will die for you an' more,
But it ain't me, babe,
No, no, no, it ain't me, babe,
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.

Go melt back into the night, babe,
Everything inside is made of stone.
There's nothing in here moving
An' anyway I'm not alone.
You say you're looking for someone
Who'll pick you up each time you fall,
To gather flowers constantly
An' to come each time you call,
A lover for your life an' nothing more,
But it ain't me, babe,
No, no, no, it ain't me, babe,
It ain't me you're lookin' for, babe.
It's a great lyric for this time in my life.

*GOTB asked: If you could have lunch with any blogger, who would it be?
Blogger Guest answered: Can we just throw a luncheon and invite them all?

*GOTB asked: I picture you loving "Conspiracy Theory". What is your favorite movie?
Blogger Guest answered: American Graffiti, any old Hitchcock, Whatever Happened to Baby Jane and Hush Hush Sweet Charlotte.

*GOTB asked: Vanilla or Chocolate?
Blogger Guest answered: Chocolate

*GOTB asked: Thoughts on Bush, (George Jr. that is)?
Blogger Guest answered: I didn't vote for him. Seriously maybe people will actually get out and vote next time. People in this country are fairly apathetic overall when if comes to things like presidential elections I'd be happy if people would actually know something about the issues prior to voting.

I think he and his administration are a travesty.

*GOTB asked: Describe a perfect day.
Blogger Guest answered: Right now it would be sleeping all day. In less academic prone times it would be snowboarding in the West on a sunny day, with a few good friends and sitting around talking to people all evening. The other option would be taking pictures all day while my non existent assistant carried around all my equipment.

*GOTB asked: Is there anything you would like to say to the bloggers who read this?
Blogger Guest answered: Hey come on over to my place. .......it's messy but the floors are
clean.

*GOTB asked: If you could be me (GOTB) for a day what is the first thing you would do?
Blogger Guest answered: Probably play with your son all day letting him do anything he wanted. Then I'd sneak into your closet to see if you had any shoes I liked.

Good Luck!

Until we meet again...

Permalink... http://girlontheblog.blogspot.com/2005/12/how-well-do-you-know.html

Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 12:38 AM :: 20 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------