**Girl on the Blog**

Friday, December 09, 2005

Pick a Topic...



This week there has been a whirl-wind of news...


Woman Allegedly Hires Hit Man for Cheese
MEMPHIS, Tenn. - In an unusual case of mistaken identity, a woman who thought a block of white cheese was cocaine is charged with trying to hire a hit man to rob and kill four men. The woman also was mistaken about the hit man. He turned out to be an undercover police officer.
Talk about some "KILLER" Cheese! It is really sad when one does not know the difference between cheese and cocaine. This is when you know YOU REALLY HAVE A PROBLEM!
________________



Journal: Bad Vioxx Outcomes Not Disclosed
TRENTON, N.J. - Authors of a study funded by Vioxx' maker Merck & Co. failed to disclose in a report published in the New England Journal of Medicine' in 2000 that three additional patients in a clinical study suffered heart attacks while using the now-withdrawn painkiller, the journal wrote in an editorial released Thursday.
I had a very bad experience with Vioxx... My doctor gave it to me after I had inflammation set up in my right foot. Thirty minutes after taking it, I had past out and was rushed to the hospital. An allergic reaction? It's evil I tell you!
________________



Sky marshals fatally shoot passenger who made bomb threat on jet in Miami

MIAMI -- Federal air marshals noticed the man was acting strangely even before he boarded an American Airlines jet scheduled to fly from Miami to Orlando on Wednesday.

Then Rigoberto Alpizar, 44, of Maitland in Central Florida, threatened nearby passengers aboard the jetliner that he had a bomb in his backpack, officials said.

Two air marshals confronted him, and he tried to flee. He got as far as the jet bridge, which connects the plane with the terminal, before the marshals ordered him to the ground.

That's when Alpizar made a fatal move, officials said: He reached inside his backpack. The marshals opened fire.
I don't know about you... but if a "crazy" man or woman claims they have a bomb/gun/ whatever and reaches into their bag... I will be opening fire. Granted the man might have been Bi-Polar... but he wasn't taking his meds (his wife did know this) that is his own fault as well as her and anyone else that knew of his situation. I believe the marshals did the right thing and if it were a true "bomb" situation... they would be commended right now, not criticized or questioned.
_______________



Narnia film triggers book rush, more tie-ins seen
Whichever way you look at it, the relationship between film studios and publishers is getting closer, particularly in the children's fantasy sector which has produced the hugely successful Harry Potter and Lord of the Rings screen franchises.

Now it is C.S. Lewis' turn, "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the
Wardrobe."


I just can't wait to see this movie! I loved the book, even though I was forced to read it when I was a pre-teen. C.S. Lewis... I love you!
_________________



Fans Mark Anniversary of Lennon's Murder

NEW YORK - Some met John Lennon in person, others knew him from the television, still others never knew him at all. On Thursday, they gathered by the hundreds in Central Park's Strawberry Fields to remember the pacifist rock star murdered 25 years ago by a deranged Beatles fan.
When John Lennon was murdered... that was truly the day the music died!
_______________



WIDOW REALIZES THE PERFECT GIFT IS GIVING LOVE TO OTHERS

DEAR ABBY: My husband and I were married for 35 wonderful years, and Christmas was our favorite time of year. As I sit here this morning, I remember all the time we wasted worrying about getting the "perfect" gift for everyone, when in reality the most perfect gift you can give is yourself and your love.

We had seven beautiful kids, 23 beautiful grandchildren and five adorable great-grandchildren, so it took a lot of time to shop for everyone. I realize that the most perfect gift would be to have my darling husband here with us. He passed away Oct. 10, 2003.

I now understand that the perfect gifts were the love and closeness we shared together, and you can't buy that in any department store.

So, Abby, please suggest to your readers that when they're agonizing about finding the perfect gift, they should look right under their own noses. They may find they already have it. --

MISSING HIM IN OHIO

DEAR MISSING HIM: Thank you for the poignant reminder that too often we take for granted those intangibles that are the most precious. You and your darling husband shared a life together filled with an abundance of riches. I hope that knowledge will bring you comfort during this time and for the rest of your holiday seasons to come.

In a blink of an eye your life could be changed forever... this is why I try not to take my life for granted... I have everything I have ever wanted... and yes "it's right under my nose" daily.


Until we meet again....

Posted by Girl on the Blog :: 12:05 AM :: 11 Comments:

Post a Comment

---------------oOo---------------